Well thank you everyone for all the texts, emails, tweets and FB posts about our wedding last weekend which I encouraged all of you to follow our #behindthescenes.
I loved how while the ceremony was going on my phone was BLOWING up with “congratulations” texts from vendors and friends all over the country. You see the horrible rain and bad weather literally STOPPED 1.5 hours before the ceremony began. cutting it close, but a Win is a Win.
This was a very personal wedding for us. Yes, part of it was that the bride has breast cancer … but we don’t want that to be the whole story. We have planned this wedding for over a year! We’re invested with our clients! And we worked hard to pull it off, with the help of her fabulous dad and step-mom.
We continue to see a trend of more private residence weddings. It’s personal. It’s lovely. And it can be a lot of hard work. Over the past 10 years we have really honed our skills for these types of events.
Here’s just a FEW reasons to why you need a planner for your home or private residence wedding:
- Setup is ridiculous. Seriously … vendors galore and all have to be scheduled accurately for delivery AND pickup. You have to bring in everything! Tent, chairs, dance floor, dishes, bathrooms, trash cans, electrical needs etc. You don’t want to manage this. You want to get a massage and have your nails done.
- We come up with Plan A, Plan B and sometimes a Plan C to pull off your wedding day the way you want it to happen. Of course, Mother Nature can wipe through all those plans (she’s a real *B* sometimes), but we do everything humanly possible.
- We get the A game from vendors. They love to work with planners (hello … referrals = business). We prepare, inform and contact everyone many, many times with private residence weddings. Everyone is on the same page, especially as changes happen.
- When there is bad weather, we do the grunt work. You don’t want your family in their pretty dresses or tuxes sweating and wiping down chairs. Or walking through mud. We scraped mud this past weekend and got rained on. Our hair wasn’t the best, but who cares … we are hired help.
- We handle the emergencies. Ran out of liquor and guests have been drinking? We run to the store. Need to herd the out-of-town guests to the transportation bus so they can get back to the hotel? We do that. Guest leaves a cell phone in said transportation bus and needs to contact someone at 12:30am? We do that. And more.
We could make this list a lot longer … but we’ll save more details for another blog post.
So for a little eye candy, here are a few of the photos from this past weekend. We’ll do a more formal post when we get the professional photographer photos from stewartography. Cannot wait to see them!
And just in case you were wondering how hard a planner works, here is my Fitbit for JUST the wedding day (not the two days of setup). I walked more than 10 miles.