It has really been a very long year. Almost everyone I talk to has had it hard. Personally, it has been a roller coaster (many deaths in the family: 5 people this year have passed that I was close to and one of our dogs). The only thing that kept me going was the awesome clients […]
I usually don’t post these in my blog content (well in the kudos section), but I received this lovely email from a Mother of the Bride at 12:15am this morning. (And a similar email happened to my planner friend, Emilie Duncan). Maddy + Gregg’s wedding was yesterday and it was fantastic. Small, intimate and lovely.
Preview Changes photo credit: studio b photography Like with many of the different aspects of the wedding business, there are some serious misconceptions of what type of people hire wedding planners. The idea that these people may not have minds of their own or are incredibly disorganized cannot be further from the truth. In the
Reasons why you should love your wedding planner?
1. They have a “game face” that is almost invincible. You’ll never see them sweat.
2. They mediate between the other vendors when problems arise (so you don’t have to). And they arise. Frequently.
3. Planners are your buffer to problems that you don’t want to deal with (especially on your wedding day), they shield you.
4. Your planner will look out for your best interest even when it comes to dealing with your family.
5. It is physically demanding work, a 3 day wedding weekend can mean 22-33 hours on their feet. Still, service is done with a smile.
[Yup, you read the title right. Read on….] 5. You LOVE to research information. Maybe you know a thing or two about weddings, the real point is that you love to find extra time to research etiquette questions, customs, traditions and overall wedding info. Usually this is done on the internet while you are working