It’s here. The Super Bowl for wedding planners. The Championship Game. The Grand Finale.
Duke William and Dutchess Catherine of Cambridge have tied the knot.
Now there will be A LOT of recaps. Photos of the dress, the wedding cake, the kiss … blah, blah, blah. But that’s not how we roll here at planning…forever events. Nope, let’s talk about things most people won’t say. Out loud.
A few random thoughts:
- Pippa Middleton’s dress, just about upstaged Catherine’s wedding dress (which was perfect for her under the circumstances of getting married in an uber-uptight, albeit beautiful, Westminster Abbey).
- The Priest that was marrying William and Catherine had awful hat hair when he took off that huge hat. It was distracting.
- Loved that William had trouble getting the ring on Catherine’s finger. Wonder if she had some fish and chips last night? Salt does make the fingers puffy. It was a REAL moment.
- When William whispered, “You look beautiful” at the altar, yup. I lost it. Glad I was holding kleenex anyway.
- I think I caught the Queen sleeping during the ceremony. Or perhaps she was intently staring at her lap. Or memorized by her super yellow dress.
- What happened to Prince and Princess title? Kinda a let down with the Duke and Dutchess title, which was a gift from the Queen. This is what you get when you don’t have a real gift registry.
- You know what else was distracting? Some of the most atrocious hats that has ever been seen in public. If some lady sat in front of me at one of the most important weddings of the century, where the guest list had to be pared down to an intimate gathering of 1,900 people (*snort*), there would be a beat down, I assure you.
Lastly on this incredibly long yet exciting day …. special thanks to Lauren Matter, anchor for WTVW Fox 7 AM Evansville who invited me to co-anchor the Royal Wedding Recap. Even though I do a on-air segment weekly, this was super fun and I got to sit at the “big girl’s desk”.
Congrats again to the beautiful couple and England!
image photo credit: pfe iPhone
2 thoughts on “recap on the Royal Wedding…”
I was also perplexed about the prince/princess vs duke/duchess switch so I consulted a friend from London who said you have to be born a princess in order to have the title. Hope that helps!
Shana, thanks! I did look it up and it’s even more complicated than that. Check out: http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110118/FEAT/301189952
I however, will now refer to myself as Baroness ….just because. 😉