This is a public service announcement on behalf of your family, friends and wedding vendors. If you are getting married and you are stressed out…..QUIT IT! Okay, easier said than done, but we can help you SNAP out of it! Just follow these few straight-forward tips:
- Believe it or not, everything will get done before the wedding. You just have to sit down and write a list with deadlines.
- Prioritize the task list. A=most important B=needs to be done C=if we have time to get to it. And no, not EVERY THING on the task list is an A task.
- Stick to the deadlines you set yourself but don’t go overboard. Getting sleep is much more important than tying 300 ribbons on wedding programs.
- If you are like me, you will wake up at 2am with your brain racing with a million things to do. Keep a pad of paper and pen by your bed to jot them down. Or…just get up and write them out and then you can go back to bed with a clear mind. (I have to do that second option because my hubbie isn’t a fan of me turning on the light in the middle of the night…and I don’t write well in the dark).
- Delgate. For Pete’s sake, delegate!!! If you are a Type A personality and want to take on the entire wedding yourself, I understand. But don’t. If you can’t let go there has to be some little task that you can delegate to someone else. Pick the big and most important projects to manage directly.
Now try your best to quit freaking out because you just stress yourself and everyone else around you that wants to help you. Not to mention, you won’t enjoy your day that you are spending so much time, effort and money on.
featured photo credit: pfe iPhone