Engagement sessions are one of the best ways you can really get to know your photographer(s). Instead of heading out in jeans and a shirt to the local park, why not think of something really creative?
Take a look at these fabulous photos (and there are tons more) taken by Robert and Kathleen Photographers who are located in Connecticut. Their subjects are Candice & Michael. Just so happens I know Candice who is owner of Jubilee Events, having met her personally and enjoy getting to know her better online. What fun it has been watching her run a wedding planning business and planning her own wedding.
Her engagement shots blew me away. Not only the photographers’ artistry, but the sheer orginiality and class (which is totally her). Take a peek and be sure to click off to Robert and Kathleen’s website for more.
Here are few tips to help your creative juices for your engagement photos:
- Look at photographer’s blogs (on a national level) to get some ideas.
- Talk to your fiance/fiancee and discuss what you really like to do and incorporate your hobby into your engagement photo session.
- Take a cue from Candice, who scheduled her engagement session on the same day that she did a trial run for her hair and makeup. Genius!
- Bring lots of changes of clothes.
- Talk to your photographer and let them know what you are thinking…they may have some ideas to share that you would have never thought about.