We talked this morning on TV about the 2007 wedding predictions. Well I looked at theknot and read other bridal publications – but you know what is HOT on the coasts…does not necessarily trickle down to us….so some of my predictions are based on local experience.
1. AFTER PARTIES – couples are wanting to keep the party going waaaay after midnight by going to a secondary location with their guests. They may not sponsor the party, but they will plan for it.
2. BANQUET/FAMILY STYLE – is coming back here to the Tri-State. We are also seeing more and more people using the square tables (two banquets bumped together). Mix and match at the reception with the table sizes!
3. HOT COLOR – theknot said that orange is the hot color for 2007. I think it is beautiful, but I foresee it not being as popular until later this year. Instead, I prediction the color chocolate to continue on from last year and start showing up earlier in the year (not just in the fall).
4. REMOVING TRADITIONS – Couples are opting to plan their reception, their way. That may mean: less speeches, no garter/bouquet toss, and multiple desserts offered (instead of just the cake).
5. DETAILS ON THE WEDDING DRESS – Very popular around here is the wedding dress that gets bunched up and tucked. Also – look for more details on the back of the wedding dresses….