We’ve always been an advocate for engagement photos and have talked about it frequently on the pfe blog. Our engagement photo is still hanging on the wall of our bedroom, 22 years later. We are often amused at how sweet and young we looked.
a few tips before you book your engagement photo session …
- Be yourself. If you area casual person, wear your favorite clothes and colors that make you feel good. Don’t try to be formal if that’s not you. Go to places that are meaningful to the both of you. A restaurant, grocery store, cafe, whatever. Be you!
- Don’t be intimidated. There are a lot of creative engagement shots on Pinterest and all over the internet. You, be you.
- Book your trial hair and makeup appointment. You’re going to pay for this service anyway, why not book those appointments early in the day and take your engagement photos later in the afternoon?
- Time of the year. Don’t worry if you haven’t gotten your engagement photos until only a few months before your wedding IF the weather hasn’t been cooperating. It’s not that big of a deal.
- Several outfits. This is not necessarily something you have to do, but consider taking some clothing options to make the most of your session. So you can have a lot of different looks.
feature photo credit: equinox photography