Dash for diamonds? Yes, please!
For a chance at love, Evansville couples use mobile gaming technology. Locals search for a diamond engagement ring using their cell phones.
The event is a high-tech scavenger hunt in which participants will be following clues sent to their cell phones, looking to win a $12,000 diamond engagement ring. The hunt promises to be a fun and fast paced adventure around downtown Evansville and a great activity for locals and tourists alike. We expect several hundred local couples will participate.
What: Approx 500 people will meet at Casino Aztar at 11am and run all over downtown Evansville solving clues sent via text message to their cell phones. They will race for about 2 hours, hoping to win the grand prize. The event will end at back at Casino Aztar where the after party will take place from 2pm-3:30pm. The winning team will be announced there.
Who: The event is being hosted by Kruckemeyer & Cohn Jewelers
More info & event registration at: www.KandCDiamondDash.com
planning…forever events is not affiliated with this event, but wanted to let local Evansville brides and grooms know about it. Good luck and happy hunting.
Suggestion: with all that money saved with winning the diamonds, now you can afford a wedding planner. *hint* *hint*
Look how much fun they had in Chi-town with a similar event:
Read More »
Engagement seasons is definitely here, and we could not be more happier.
Yes, we are excited about the new business (our families like to eat). BUT, the love and gushy excitement (and dare say, a little panic) is contagious.
If you haven’t already attended a bridal show you may be starting to look at vendors and trying to secure them. This week we are going to feature real tips on how to make that experience the best possible. Which includes how to narrow down your choices and not waste your valuable time.
Series starts tomorrow! First up, how to how to request an inquiry for wedding services
ps That’s me, Saundra in the photo above. In extreme heat and humidity, my hair looks great! Not!
photog: jordan barclayRead More »
We believe it should be a priority to get to know your photographer by investing in the engagement photos. It helps all of you relax and get to know each other (especially when many people have anxiety about having a camera in their face). Once you trust each other, the wedding day is a breeze.
For your visual fun, check out our clients Whitney + Tyson who are tying the knot on August 7th later this year. We also are doing the design and decor and cannot wait for their wedding day.
incredible photographer: Equinox Photography
Read More »
Engagement sessions are one of the best ways you can really get to know your photographer(s). Instead of heading out in jeans and a shirt to the local park, why not think of something really creative?
Take a look at these fabulous photos (and there are tons more) taken by Robert and Kathleen Photographers who are located in Connecticut. Their subjects are Candice & Michael. Just so happens I know Candice who is owner of Jubilee Events, having met her personally and enjoy getting to know her better online. What fun it has been watching her run a wedding planning business and planning her own wedding.
Her engagement shots blew me away. Not only the photographers’ artistry, but the sheer orginiality and class (which is totally her). Take a peek and be sure to click off to Robert and Kathleen’s website for more.
Here are few tips to help your creative juices for your engagement photos:
- Look at photographer’s blogs (on a national level) to get some ideas.
- Talk to your fiance/fiancee and discuss what you really like to do and incorporate your hobby into your engagement photo session.
- Take a cue from Candice, who scheduled her engagement session on the same day that she did a trial run for her hair and makeup. Genius!
- Bring lots of changes of clothes.
- Talk to your photographer and let them know what you are thinking…they may have some ideas to share that you would have never thought about.
Read More »
In five short days, it will be Valentine’s Day. The universal day of love. We know that many of you will be getting engaged that day or weekend.
And if you aren’t getting proposed to this weekend, then why not? Are you waiting for him to ask? Perhaps, YOU should do the asking!
Let’s think it through:
- It’s 2009 for goodness sake. Think of how many women just 50 years ago would have loved the opportunity to feel so liberated?
- Do you really have the patience to wait for him to pop the question?
- It would certainly be a surprise.
- You’re a strong woman with an education and career; you make everything else happen….why not in your private life?
- You’ll find out just how he really feels about “the equality issue” by his reaction.
- To not entirely emasculate him, propose in private and not in front of all his friends and family.
Actually, I’m surprised this isn’t a hot trend!
Important Question: if a girl asks the guy to marry, then who buys the engagement ring?Read More »