It’s water cooler talk at the wedding planning studio. Just a few things to mention.
1. Mark your calenders: August 23, 2008 will be the official, one-time only, grand opening gala of Holly’s House!!! Our favorite charity, I am chairing the event with the committee (us worker bees). We are so excited to be a part of this opening. It will be called “A Ray of Hope at Holly’s House” and except beachy, summmery theme. More to come on this…..
2. Mark your calendars: July 25, 2008 will be the public grand opening of the new Hilton Garden Inn. We are pleased to be the event planners for the VIP party. You will have to stop in to see the newest hotel in Evansville!!!
3. Our offices will be closed from June 24-29th as we are leaving for Laaaaaas Vegas for two weddings!!! We’ll squeeze in shopping and good food.
4. Our offices will be open on a limited basis from July 1-3rd and closed for the 4th of July holiday weekend. For current clients, we will answer any emergency questions during that time period. What is an emergency? The hotel has shut down for your reception. Your entire wedding party has decided to not come to your wedding. Your photographer has left the country and your DJ is having elective surgery on your wedding date. You get the drift. Take a break from planning and ENJOY THE SUMMER HOLIDAY!Read More »
Sorry…..no wedding stuff for a couple of days…got to put on the corporate business hat. Aaaaannnnd business!
We’d love to see you this Wednesday, March 5th at The Centre, Downtown Evansville (TOMORROW) at the annual RC Cola/Chamber Tri-State Business Expo! This premiere business expo is open from 1:00pm to 7:00pm. Admittance is FREE!
We’ll be calling booth 62 our home and will be giving away a prize…in exchange for your business card.
Besides the free stuff, you’ll want to stop by to take a look at our corporate and business meeting services. In 2007, we went back to our grass roots and launched our corporate event planning services (in addition to our current wedding and social event planning).
Some of our successful events:
- We were the planners for the successful Energy Summit of Southwest Indiana 2007
- Design/Decor for the Evansville Philharmonic Gala 2007
- Pre-Grand Opening for Holly’s House
- Client Appreciation Soiree
And we are proud to be the outsourced planners for the upcoming 2008 Regional Economic Summit that will take place later this year.
Enough about us…come by and chat. We’ll see if we can help you be more cost effective with your next upcoming business event!
Read More »
Green Monday here….and while I realize that many of you who read this blog don’t “own” your own business, I do know that most of you use: paper, pencils, and general office supplies. Some of you might actually buy your own supplies (instead of stealing borrowing from your office).
It’s a question that has no single answer because every product has an environmental impact.
Adore that answer! If you have a moment, click on their guide to see what products they offer. It may be something that you use frequently…and one switch will impact our environment!Read More »
This is not a dirty posting…bear with me. I get a lot of emails, everyday. My spam box is over 1,000 emails (must clean out). But this email stopped me in my tracks.
Who doesn’t watch ABC Television’s reality show, Wife Swap? WE DO! My son and I are generally amused and astounded at the dichotomy of the two families being portrayed.
Here’s the deal: two families and the wives switch lives for one week. The first few days they have to live, act and follow the rules of the other wife in her respective home (following me yet?). The last few days the wives get to change the rules and which usually causes a little chaos for the families…but also opens them up to new ideas and thoughts.
So….imagine my surprise when I received a request from one of the producers of the show – read below the email:
Hit Reality Show Casting Dynamic And Organized Moms!
The hit reality show, Wife Swap, which airs on ABC Television’s prime time line-up is looking for outgoing, unique families to feature on the fourth season of our show. Specifically, we’re looking for moms (or dads!) who are also event planners…women (or men!) who pride themselves on being detail-oriented and organized and carry those qualities back to their homes!
If you’ve always thought your family belonged on television, we want to hear from you! Families must consist of two parents and at least one child between 7 and 17. Families that appear on the show receive a $20,000 honorarium. Anyone who refers a family receives $1,000 if that family is cast in an episode.
Contact me if you’re interested in learning more about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Please include names and ages of all family members, a brief description of your family and a photo.
Danielle Gervais Casting Producer, Wife Swap
I have politely declined this invitation to try out, although I fit the bill of being a woman, mother, wife, and event planner….and while I am on television every week….I’m not sure my family belongs there.
However YOU probably do!!! Please read above in red…..let them Danielle know I sent you….and you can keep the $20k and I’ll get $1k.
Come on….it sounds like fun. No? And you get some good coin for the opportunity.
Read More »
I have always been pretty sure that the one thing a nail salon establishment lacked was a martini while you got your manicure done. That and good ventilation system.
What else are you going to do on a Thursday night? It’s not like there is a new episode of Grey’s Anatomy to watch (silly screen writer’s strike). Be sure to call in advance to reserve your time!
Read More »